Friday, March 03, 2006

Creativity in common

Stock images, royalty free materials can easily be found from the World Wide Web. Few of us really care to make use of it wisely, and some does not. One of the favorite stock image online libraries I regularly visit is StockXchange, a.k.a SXC (besides google-ing images). SXC provide great quality of hi-resolution of photos, taken from amateurs to professional. The good news is that you can use it for personal and commercial use for free. Of course some stocks have their restrictions, depending on user. Interesting huh?

Two weeks ago, I got an email from Phil Ragen from Australia and he sent me a PDF version of their newsletter which features one of my stock images for their article. That is something cool for me because people do appreciate your work :)

Early last year, when I start to have my own blog, I was exposed to Creative Commons (CC). To my knowledge, I’m only aware that (CC) only helps us designers or bloggers to protect our materials and copyright. Surprisingly, they also offer great resources from images, photos, graphics, music, videos and even articles. It’s enough for you to create or compile a great project for your collage or an experimental work.

Here are some facts about Creative Commons (CC):
The Creative Commons License refers to the name of several copyright licenses released on December 16, 2002 by Creative Commons, a U.S. non-profit corporation founded in 2001. The Creative Commons website enables copyright holders to grant some of their rights to the public while retaining others through a variety of licensing and contract schemes including dedication to the public domain or open content licensing terms. The intention is to avoid the problems current copyright laws create for the sharing of information.

Why do I want to talk about (CC)? Many of you not know that Creative Commons spread their wings in Malaysia. Recently, they had a competition with amazing prizes to give away. It was a prestigious event organized by MDC (Multimedia Development Corporation). I was given the privilege to be one of the judges, along with me is Mr. Ho Chun Kiat, who needs no introduction, especially those who are familiar with Malaysian Video Awards (MVA).

Aerosolism



Saturday, the 4th of March will be my first kickstart for doing graffiti (after such a long time) at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa, Kuala Lumpur. You guys are free to come and see us, whole bunch of graffiti gurus (SWS, Orkibal, etc).


Adios.

0 opinions :