Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Keep Your Head Up To The Sky

Don't touch the sky Muid!, but rather enjoy the beauty of God's creation by just looking at it! Look at the clouds, how it forms beautifully, and how it helps and shades us from the sun. God have given me to think, once again about all the things that I've been through for all my life. I would have to say the word 'thankful' and joyful for the good things and the bad things I had done, to make me human, (yes, born to make mistakes) and move forward to heal, fix, and make it better, for a positive life. Recent to my web launch, when I talk to my sister Aniqah, she told me when I do my profile, always mention that I never create, but develop based on God's creation. It opened up my mind, in a different perspective, to once again understand why I am here. I am here not because to attract attention of my name, but it's about what I stand for within the creative expression. I would feel that my existence is a part of my journey towards understand more about my life and beyond, by creating in form of visuals.


Posing 'Arnab' masa dinner dengan birthday boy, Perez kat KFC.

To share with you, in the past few month, I had been transform to more better person, although I'm getting old, I understand about appreciating life. Having said that, doesn't mean I don't know what is hate and how to hate, doesn't mean I just put a smile on my face. Hey, I cry too, I can be mellow too. But, I had been fighting so much, for my passion, regardless to work or my personal life, the more I dig, the more I understand that I am not alone in this world. I am able to understand that not only our dearest Allah (s.w.t), but everyone around me actually do care, and love me.

I would like to share my an experience about a project (that cost more than a million Ringgit) under my wings, for the first time as a Project Manager, had lead me and the company that I worked with to came up with such great result and success, including appreciation by the Malaysian Minister of Science, Technology & Innovation. Most of us work so hard with passion and determination on this national project, sacrificing not only our time and energy, but the fact that this project had drifted us away from our families and loved ones. But you know what? It's worth of everything! Before this, there was a time where I used to think I was just too transparent to them. As if I wasn't acknowledge at all. I thought no one bother about me. I was upset too. I even start complaining and whining. But something special happened. HasnulG, (my S.E.I.C Exhibition Project Owner) had thought me very important message. He said to me, "Keep Your Head Up". Then I start to realize and become sensible. He gave me a great motivation. I had learned more not just to deal with it, but to manage it. Thanks to the great leadership and guidances from passionate people like Niran Noor, Hasnul Hadi Samsuddin, and Zain. The people that I had mention not only help to show me the light, but also guide me so that I will not fall or be too vulnerable. I remember way back when this project started, we went for a cup of coffee Mr. Azizul (of SpencerAzizul). He had introduce me a very great way on putting the whole show (project) into a mind map, and show how it suppose to flow. It was cool, seriously. But on top of that, why I write this post is not to bla bla bla, but to share how I felt that special nite, a moment of honored put together by MDeC, especially Niran Noor, Hasnul G and Dato' Seri Jamaludin Jarjis, who gave me a special commendation about the project that I had poured my heart and soul so much, on our recent MDeC anual dinner (3/3). It's the first time to come up stage, with full support from all of them. '...reliable', that's what Dato' JJ said. Alhamudullilah.


HasnulG, thanks for Keroro Figurin sets! Those are the first and perfect gift for my birthday! I love you bebeh! Actually, to tell you the truth (macam confession pulak), I almost teared when I read the post-it note attached with the present. You can't get that kind of boss who appreciate you that much. I was really touched. In fact, all the people who came to my party, especially Izuddin Hani for allowing his place for me, Halim & Juan for organizing, and my special guest, Teong Hin (Director of Puteri Gunung Ledang), it was something special, truly special.

Sharing ideas The Creative Way, by Steven Patrick

"CC also allows creative people such as artists, designers, photographers and writers to share and contribute," said graphic designer Muid Latif".

Creative Commons (CC) Malaysia had recently launch their second CC Competition, and I would like to invite Malaysians to participate in such prestigious event. Last year, three winners had been rewarded RM10,000 each. Find out the latest article about Creative Commons movement in Malaysia features Pete Teo, Jeff Oii, Muid Latif, Iman (Popiapounder) & Sudev. Thanks Steven!


Think! Why Blogging?

I would like to borrow a quote from Nizam Zakaria, one of respectful Malaysian blogger when he did an interview with Jeff Oii, 'It can be rather idiosyncratic at times, but isn't that what blogging is all about?'. It make sense. Sometimes you can't be too 'fiction' when it comes to blogging. There are at times we need to get loose. People want to read the real you through blogging. Although sometimes honesty can be a threat to bloggers, but as far as we concern, we have the right, because we know it's a freedom speech. You voice it out with your mind and heart, because you own your blog. I don't chase people away for what I wrote, because I believe in P.O.V, that sometimes help people to think, and create a solution based on a person's concern or problem.

According to I.A. Japan website, Bloggers will increase its readership and it's popularity more, along myspace.com. Bloggers is the next big thing, and we are not just talking about an ordinary individuals that blog, but we are also talking about celebrities who blogs, film directors who blogs, musicians who blogs, even politicians who blog.

Note: To those who think this rumor is nothing important, please ignore this post.

Recently,
there has been an inaccurate rumor spreading (in e-mails and Yahoo! messenger) about the our local Malaysian VV.I.P who claims negative thoughts about Malaysian Bloggers (mostly women) as jobless and liars. It's funny how I tried search any news relating to this issue on newspaper (TheStar, Utusan, NST), an none of them appears. Guys, please don't spread rumors if it's not true lah. Buang masa.

Anyway, I feel it's important to know whether the fact is true or not, we need to study and do some research of where it came from, where it speculate from. From my observation, it's just another conspiracy to put a person down or to create racial buzz, but in general, we must not judge so quickly about things around us. Some of us out there blog for the good cause, good intention (promote good entertainments, local culture & places(tourism), foods, inventions, ideas and creativity) and some might not for good cause (yes, there are blogs about pimps 'bohjan/cybersl*ts', drugs tutorials, transvestites pictures, and others). But if it's true that bloggers are accuse for negative influence, I feel that someone out there NEED to consider what he or she think in general about bloggers and do a lot of homework before we accuse someone (do some analyst and show us the result on why that he or she created such statement about bloggers). I mean, 2-3 days ago, I just visited Dato' Marina Mahathir's blog. Not all bloggers are cyberbuggers lah. We have lines of great people who blog and worth reading. No pun intended.

Question: Yang mengada-ada pegi baca blog-blog yg tak bagi manfaat buat apa?


New! Consumer Awareness

Being a designer or an artist doesn't mean I have to talk about creative related subject all the time, but also, as a part of a normal citizen, I believe it's time I also share my review and experience on my daily use of products, especially health, food or anything good for those who would like to try.

Study Case One: For Your Oral Care

Last month, I plan to make a dental appointment at one of the local dentist in Klang Valley and he stated the price for Scaling, which cost about RM300 plus. I ask some of my friends and they told me it costs more. Wait, why the heck I talk about oral care? One of the reason for me to get my teeth to scale is because of the stain on my lower teeth. They are massive buggers and totally need to be clean (Guys, tooth care is very important. It will be a turn off for ladies if you don't take care of your teeth, believe me). So, one day, I went to an old mall near my place, and went to Guardian Parmacy. I say this quite interesting, because this discover lead me in such great result; I got a 'free ninety nine' cleaning action 'set' for my teeth. Rather to 'waste' (cough) on proffeshionaal dentist that costs my weekly food expense, I manage to cut the cost by purchasing these:

a) Oral B CrossAction Power Battery Toothbrush (RM49.90)
b) Colgate Whitening Action Toothpaste (RM9)
c) Oral B mouthwash (RM14)

Total amount? RM 72.90. And within 14 days to be exact (Gosh, it's for real actually), there are no more stain on my lower front teeth. In fact, I notice my teeth got brighter 10% and felt clean than it use to. It's really cool to D.I.Y everything yourself, without wasting more money and time with the dentist (I also face very rude experience with some local dentist back in Sg. Besi Military / RSAT Medical). Not to say that I don't support them, but I think there's always better solution. (",) Tips? Don't smoke, don't drink Coke and coffee, because they are the cause of the stain on your teeth.


Gosh, I just realized I'm doing the PowerRoot Tongkat Ali sign!

Perez! Happy Birthday (14 March 2007) buat kamu. Welcome to my age. Dapat jugak jumpa dengan hang kat Low Yatt today, what a coincidence! Thanks for the ride to KLSentral. Here's a toast to our ever-loving friendship (I just throw up a bit in my mouth... tak pe kan?)





_